The Whitey Amplifier is designed for those who know where we've come from and embrace the limitless future of tone.
8 decades of rich amplifier history inform every aspect of this legendary amp.
New MKIII Additions:
- 3rd preamp tube added.
- Full dual triode tube now dedicated to the split tail phase inversion.
- Dual triode phase inversion allows bigger, louder, bolder clean tones.
- Think 5E3 1/2 triode phase inversion (old MKI & II Versions) compared to Tweed Bassman phase inversion (MKIII)
- Negative feedback loop.
- Negative feedback loop controlled presence for tailoring in high frequencies and adding high end crunch.
- More gain available at lower volumes making it more useable at home and in lower volume situations.
A mix of super cleans and high gains in an easy to control 4 knob layout.
Imagine a Tweed Bassman / Marshall Plexi mashup style circuit that takes the best of both legendary amps and distills them into a single-channel, single-input 1x12” 30 Watt powerhouse.
Whitey MKIII #20 Specs:
- 30 Watts of Output
- Tone, Volume, Gain and Presence / Hi Frequency Controls
- 2x EHX Sovtek 6V6 Power Tubes, No Re-Biasing Necessary
- 1x EHX 12AY7 Preamp Tube in V1 (closer to tweed preamp gain staging)
- 2x 12AX7 Preamp Tubes (V2 & V3)
- Vintage Solid Pine Cabinetry with Oak Hardwood Splined Miter Joints for Strength & Solid Wood Corner to Corner
- 12" Celestion Creamback 75w Speaker
- Vintage Marshall Style Salt & Pepper Style Basket Weave Grill Cloth
- -Entire Amp Constructed Completely By Hand and Hand Wired in Los Angeles CA